We sincerely hope this email finds all family members of our Parish well and in good health. As informed by Father Joseph this morning, he wants to take a moment to share with you of his prayers for all of you and your love ones. Furthermore, he wants to communicate that the Church as well as the Parish is taking seriously this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. The health situation in the greater Columbia area is rapidly evolving. We will stay as up-to-date as possible to keep you informed about any changes in our schedule and any statements published by the Diocese of Charleston.
Effective immediately, there are to be no sacramental or other liturgical celebrations anywhere in the Diocese of Charleston until the end of day on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. This directive means the following.
1. There are to be no Masses in the Parish during this time.
2.Bishop Robert Guglielmone granted dispensation for your Sunday Mass obligation for the weekends of March 21-22 and March 27-28.
3.All scheduled Confessions are cancelled.
4.Any baptisms planned in the next fifteen days will be rescheduled.
5. Funerals and weddings may occur at the discretion of Father Joseph, but will be celebrated privately with just the immediate family present.
6.Eucharistic Adoration is cancelled.
7.There will be no regularly scheduled parish activities until further notice. This includes liturgical celebrations, prayer services, religious education, faith formation, ministry events and social gatherings.
8. All sacramental preparation classes will NOT be offered online. Father Joseph and the Parish Office will meet on March 30 to decide how we will proceed with students preparation, including whether we will offer online learning during the first week(s) of April.
9. All scheduled penance services are cancelled, and there will be no Communion calls at hospitals, nursing homes, or private homes until further notice. The SOLE EXCEPTION to this policy is the celebration of the final sacraments for those in danger of death. If you need a priest for the Anointing of the Sick or Last Rites, the Parish Office will provide a number you can call.
10.The church building will remain open during normal hours so that you can come to pray. The Parish Office will close effectively immediately, but will continue staying partially operational - working from home. If you would like to communicate with our clergy and/or staff, please visit our redesigned website.
11.The Parish upgraded the website. We will live stream and/or record private masses and daily prayer services to enable us stay grounded in God, including the Angelus, the Rosary and the Stations of the Cross. This will help our parishioners to continue to feel connected despite not physically being together, praying together and for each other.
12. Visit the Parish website and social media channels to connect with members and regular attenders. They will be used to keep everyone informed of changes that impact activities in our Parish.
13.Please visit the website for an easy and accessible one-time or recurring contribution during this unprecedented time - to help those in our community most affected by the virus. The effect of the virus reaches far beyond those who actually contract the illness. Some of our most vulnerable neighbors may experience loss of wages and other unexpected implications from the Coronavirus. 14.Keep the Faith and stay connected. During times of crisis is when God’s people are often at their best. While we pray for the people affected by this virus, we also pray for all people suffering, hurting, and in need. Our increased use of our website and social media, electronic giving, online delivery of discipleship content and prayer services, and better connection to each other will all leave the church in a stronger position after the virus passes. God’s people will experience God’s abundant care and faithfulness when we walk in prayerful obedience and faith.
Last but most importantly, let us come together in prayer that under the protection of our Holy Blessed Mother, we may seek refuge to not disdain the entreaties of the entire world who is in trial, but to deliver us from every danger. May the Lord God protect and richly bless you and your respective families!
Corpus Christi Catholic Church 2350 Augusta Hwy | Lexington SC 29072 Tel 803.359.4391 | Fax 803.359.8885 firstname.lastname@example.org